Five family members died yesterday night following a house fire in the Mashuru Area in Kajiado County.
The five included a mother, her three children, and a domestic worker.
The man of the house, Saitoti Maina, was out when the incident occurred.
Local Assistant Chief Jonathan Sikongei said the fire might have been triggered by an electric short-circuit.
“Tulipata habari kuwa kuna watu watano wameangamia kwenye moto wa stima, tukakimbilia hapa na tukajaribu kuwaokoa lakini haingewezekana,” Sikongei said.
According to Paul Maina, a family member, the cooking gas was found intact after the fire was extinguished.
“Moto ulianza saa nne kamili jana usiku, tulipata kuwa kulikuwa na short ya stima sababu gas ilikuwa intact kwa scene,” Maina confirmed.
The bodies were taken to Kajiado County Referral Hospital Mortuary as investigations begin.
By Everlyne Bosibori