Clare Duffy died suddenly in her sleep and doctors said the cause of death was a pulmonary embolism. People are never prepared for death and Richard Duffy and his two children cannot believe they lost Clare Duffy in her sleep.
Duffy had woken up having a sore shoulder and she thought home remedies like a warm bath and a quick nap would do the trick. She informed her husband to wake her up in case she slept too long.
When a few hours he went by to check on his wife and she was unresponsive, confused, shocked, and numb, he dialed 999.
She was pronounced dead by the time the medics arrived. It was later discovered that the maternal figure died from a pulmonary embolism. According to Mayo clinic, pulmonary embolism occurs when a clump of material, most often a blood clot, gets stuck in an artery in the lungs. It blocks the flow of blood and can be life-threatening if not treated quickly.
She was still mourning her mother, as the two were very close and saw each other every other day. Richard’s mother-in-law used to live nearby as Duffy had to drive past the Mum’s house on her way to work on a daily basis. A funeral date for Duffy and her mother has been set for February, 14, 2023.
By, Maxmiller Kerubo