Property of unknown value have been destroyed at Sunbeam shopping Complex in Mfangano street in Nairobi Central District Business at 6;30 am
The inferno started at the 2nd and 3d floor of the building and the Nairobi Metropolitan Services and ST. Johns Ambulance helped in putting out the fire
Detectives say the fire may have been caused by a faulty electric line in the building and no one has been injured as it was still early and none was in the building.
This comes after building property owners all over the country were urged by the National Disaster Management Unit (NDMU) and the Nairobi City County Fire Department to conduct safety drills at least once annually to raise awareness among the employees and other occupants in the buildings.
NDMU Chief Administration Officer Cyrus Maina said ‘when we do these drills, we promote awareness for the occupants, members of the public and even the responders.’
By Purity Nyang’ara